A cup of coffee whenever you want it in less than a minute is an…
De’Longhi is a well-known name in the coffee industry.
Based in Treviso, Italy, De’Longhi makes some of the best home and commercial espresso brewers on the market. That’s why I was so excited to try out the De’Longhi EC155 for myself. This is a great entry-level espresso maker that won’t break your budget – but will give you a fantastic shot of espresso.
Let’s dive right into the details and take a closer look at De’Longhi EC155
Small But Sturdy
The De’Longhi EC155 is small, but sturdy. It can literally fit in any small area within your kitchen or office. With silver metallic accents and a solid black plastic body, this machine is extremely well-built. De’Longhi is well-known for producing high quality coffee makers, and this brewer is a testament to that claim.
Become Your Own Barista
With the EC155, you can become your own barista – no experience necessary. Not only can you brew espresso, but other coffeehouse drinks as well, like lattes and cappuccinos.
Here’s a rundown of De’Longhi EC155 features:
– Swivel jet frother, so you can make cappuccinos and lattes like a pro.
– Dual function filter holder lets you brew ground coffee or pods.
– Self-priming operation for easy start-up.
– Two separate thermostats that control steam pressure and water separately, so your espresso is always brewed at the perfect temperature.
– 15 bar pump pressure and stainless steel boiler.
– water tank.
– Cup warmer.
– Brews two cups at a time.
The self-priming feature is really great because you don’t have to wait around for the boiler and element to reach the right temperature.
Easy to Keep Clean
Some espresso machines are a pain to clean, but the EC155 is quick and easy. The water tank and drip tray are both removable, so you can clean and descale with ease. I never had any issues disassembling and reassembling the machine either. The entire process was so quick and painless.
Enjoy Espresso For Years to Come
The De’Longhi EC155 is an espresso machine that will give you many years of use. The boiler is made from top quality stainless steel, which is resistant to rust. De’Longhi is a common appliance brand in Italy, and the company is known for its quality.
Semi-automatic espresso machines (which is what the De’Longhi EC155 is) come in various price ranges, but most are pretty pricey. That’s not the case with the EC155.
What We Love About the De’Longhi EC155
– 15 bar pump pressure and water temperature control for the perfect shot of espresso.
– Is compatible with both ground coffee and coffee pods.
– Swivel jet frother allows you to make cappuccinos, lattes and other coffeehouse drinks.
– Durable stainless steel boiler will give you years of use.
– Self-primer function eliminates wait time, and lets you start brewing as quickly as possible.
What Could Have Been Better
– The knob control is a little confusing.
The machine’s main control knob is a little confusing at first mainly because it uses symbols rather than text to describe each function. This really isn’t a big deal. Just make sure you read the instruction manual to learn how to control each setting.
If you’re tired of spending $4 on coffeehouse drinks, start brewing at home with the De’Longhi EC155. It’s easy to use, quick to brew and makes one mean shot of espresso.