$1.25 recipe Budget Bytes » Recipes » Breakfast Recipes » Oat Recipes » Savory Oatmeal…
How to Join Sally’s Baking Challenge
- Recipe: We publish a new challenge recipe on the 1st of each month. See below for July’s. Sign up for Sally’s Baking Challenge emails so you’re alerted as soon as a new challenge recipe is published.
- Bake: Bake the recipe (or alternate recipe) during that month.
- Send: Share your recipe photo with us via email: [email protected] before 5pm eastern on the last day of the month. By emailing your recipe photo, you are automatically entered to win the prize for the baking challenge. For a bonus entry, leave a review on the challenge recipe. Feel free to share your recipe photo on social media using #sallysbakingchallenge, but the only way to guarantee you are in the running is sending your entry via email.
Visit the Sally’s Baking Challenge FAQ page if you have any questions about Sally’s Baking Challenge.
AUGUST BAKING CHALLENGE RECIPE
August 2021 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipe: Ice Cream Loaf Cake
If you aren’t into this recipe, here is the alternate baking challenge recipe:
- any previous challenge recipe you haven’t made yet OR
- S’mores Cookie Bars — This is a fun recipe to celebrate National S’mores Day on August 10th. You can even challenge yourself and make the marshmallow from scratch! See details in the recipe.
END DATE & PRIZE
By emailing your recipe photo to us, you are automatically entered in the baking challenge. 1 winner receives a $250 Amazon Gift Card. The challenge is open to the whole world. Challenge ends on August 31st at 5pm eastern. The winner will be selected at random, emailed their prize, and posted in the September Baking Challenge blog post on September 1st 2021. Visit the Sally’s Baking Challenge FAQ page if you have any questions about Sally’s Baking Challenge.
Let’s Review the July Baking Challenge
July 2021 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipe: Homemade Berry Turnovers. This was a fun, yet challenging recipe for the summertime. It reminded me of two previous Sally’s Baking Challenge recipes: breakfast pastries from August 2020 and croissants from April 2018. Did you participate in those months too? However, unlike both, this dough doesn’t require any yeast. The layers and crisp flakiness come from the mixing and folding. Lots of particular precision with this one, but you all did such a wonderful job. You were creative with fillings!! Mixed berry, just strawberry, cherry, peach, jam, blackberry, apple cinnamon, and more. Some topped with icing, others with sprinkles and/or confectioners’ sugar. They’re all looking delicious!
Thank you so much for participating! We gathered as many homemade berry turnovers emailed photo entries as we could and included them below.
Challenge winner for July is Tara and she has been notified. 🙂