Superfoods that are popular are often high in carbs, even if they are healthy and…
How to Join Sally’s Baking Challenge
- Recipe: We publish a new challenge recipe on the 1st of each month. See below for May’s. Sign up for Sally’s Baking Challenge emails so you’re alerted as soon as a new challenge recipe is published.
- Bake: Bake the recipe (or alternate recipe) during that month.
- Send: Share your recipe photo with us via email: [email protected] before 5pm eastern on the last day of the month. By emailing your recipe photo, you are automatically entered to win the prize for the baking challenge. For a bonus entry, leave a review on the challenge recipe. Feel free to share your recipe photo on social media using #sallysbakingchallenge, but the only way to guarantee you are in the running is sending your entry via email.
Visit the Sally’s Baking Challenge FAQ page if you have any questions about Sally’s Baking Challenge.
MAY BAKING CHALLENGE RECIPE
May 2021 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipe: Chocolate Sweet Rolls. These undeniably rich and fluffy yeasted rolls are shaped like cinnamon rolls and taste similar to chocolate babka. What a special treat! Feel free to use the espresso glaze detailed in the printable recipe or any other toppings mentioned in the post.
If you aren’t into this recipe, here is the alternate baking challenge recipe:
- any previous challenge recipe you haven’t made yet OR
- One Giant Sugar Cookie. We thought this would be a fun recipe for Mother’s Day since it only makes 1 large (but shareable!) cookie. Recipe has recently been rephotographed and updated, too.
END DATE & PRIZE
By emailing your recipe photo to us, you are automatically entered in the baking challenge. 1 winner receives a $250 Amazon Gift Card. The challenge is open to the whole world. Challenge ends on May 31st at 5pm eastern. The winner will be selected at random, emailed their prize, and posted in the June Baking Challenge blog post on June 1st 2021. Visit the Sally’s Baking Challenge FAQ page if you have any questions about Sally’s Baking Challenge.
Let’s Review the April Baking Challenge
April 2021 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipe: Lemon Blueberry Tart. Since we all have different tastebuds, my team and I try to choose a challenge recipe that can withstand some variations. The April recipe was presented as lemon and blueberry, but we gave options for a lime version, plus other berry swirls like strawberry, blackberry, and raspberry. Our inbox was flooded with so many flavorful tarts!! Mini, full size, pie dish, tart dish, bars, whipped cream, meringue topping, and so many swirly designs. Some challenge recipes I end up only making a few times, but this has been a repeat dessert for us. And many of you said the same! Thank you so much for trying it.
We gathered as many lemon blueberry tart emailed photo entries as we could and included them below.
Challenge winner for April is Candace and she has been notified. 🙂