Shea butter face creams are a major step up from water-based moisturizers. You can use…
Homemade scrubs are some of my all-time favorite beauty products. They’re super easy to make and they leave your skin feeling so darn soft and squeaky clean. But you know what I’m not such a fan of? That mess. I can hardly even make it to the shower without spilling it everywhere, or getting my jar waterlogged and ruining what’s left of my scrub. I may be a tad melodramatic, but the struggle is real.
That’s why I want to hug whoever came up with the idea for pre-portioned sugar scrub cubes. They’re made with soap and nourishing coconut oil, so they hold their shape while still exfoliating like a dream. And since there are about a million different scent + ingredient combos you can choose, there’s seriously a scrub for every ailment. What’s not to love about that?
How to Make Sugar Scrub Cubes
To make these sugar cubes, all you really need are three ingredients: melt and pour soap, coconut oil and sugar. Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and spoon the mixture into the molds of your choice. Once they’ve cooled, pop them out and store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use them.
But the fun part is choosing different colors, oils and scents to add. The combinations are endless and I’m always a fan of using what you have on hand, but checkout out this quick video for a few of my personal favorites add-ins.
Sugar Scrub Cubes
Yield 12 cubes
Choose from the following scent combinations:
- Place the oil and melt-and-pour soap in separate bowls. Microwave on high in 20-second intervals, stirring in between each, until completely melted.
- Pour sugar into a medium sized bowl. Add the melted coconut oil and soap.
- Add in optional scents or other ingredients of your choosing. Stir.
- Quickly move mixture to a mold and let firm up (putting it in the freezer helps).
- To use, simply take a cube into the shower with you and break up with your hands slightly. Wet the mixture ever so slightly, then scrub away!